12/21/15

Sokolow survivors in a Displaced Persons camp

Picture of Sokolow survivors in a Displaced Persons camp in Hess Lichtenau (camp Herzog), Germany, probably in 1947.



The board says:
"God will remember the holy people of Sokolow Podlaski who have been killed, burned and strangled by the cursed nazis in the year 1942"

"The three women on the left of the upper row are my mother (in the middle) and her two sisters. My brother is sitting next to the board, on the right side.
The baby in the right side of the picture is myself, sitting with my Father's sister." - writes Moshe Carmeli

Do you recognize your relatives here?

1 comment:

  1. Yes I do. I recognize my granddad- Moshe Tzudiker Hacohen. He is he one sitting with the beard and the barret hat above the woman holding the plaque.

    ReplyDelete